The Purpose of the Mozelle Jeffries Woman of Excellence Scholarship Award is to provide each recipient with the opportunity to further their education by either obtaining a diploma in trade, an associate degree, or bachelors degree from an accredited institution and to use their learned skills to enhance the body of Christ.
The preferred recipient of the Woman of Excellence Scholarship Award will be a faithfully devoted and involved member of the True Church of God in Christ who is high achieving, self-motivated, and aspires to obtain a higher level of education in order to realize her full potential.
Description of Scholarship
Each Woman of Excellence Scholarship will help cover a portion of the financial need of the recipient, ranging from $250 to $1,000.
1. The dollar amount of each scholarship and the number of recipients will be determined each year by the Sisters of Unity (SOU) Mozelle Jeffries Woman of Excellence Scholarship Committee and announced during each year’s General Assembly Convention.
2. Applicant may only be eligible to receive award if not a recipient of the Women of Excellence award the previous year.
3. Applicant must show proof of acceptance and registration to a chosen accredited post-secondary institution.
4. Recipients must work with the True Church of God in Christ Sisters of Unity assisting to complete at a minimum of one church community event. Community event must be chosen, approved, and completed within one year of receiving award.
1. Must be an active member of the True Church of God in Christ.
2. Must have successfully earned their High school diploma or GED.
3. Must provide proof of acceptance into an accredited post-secondary institution.
4. Must work with the True Church of God in Christ Sisters of Unity to complete at least one Church Community Event after receiving award.
5. Applicant must submit an original and creative essay of 1000 words or less that demonstrates the importance of unity, how they have demonstrated unity within the True Church, and how unity can be improved within the True Church.
6. Provide a letter of recommendation from your local church mother.
7. Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
Submit to MJWomanofExcellenceScholarship@gmail.com or mail to 4905 Cedar Ct SE Conyers GA, 30094